1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How much snow did you get this yr

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by slplow, Mar 21, 2001.

1. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

So far this yr I plowed and sanded 74" and maybe more tomorrow are averge here is about 40" I hope you all had a great yr so tell us what you got.
  2. ADMServices

ADMServices LawnSite Member

NOT ENOUGH !!!

you have heard of "straving artists"

We have starving snow plow operators here in South East Michigan. I think the total for the year was 24" and 21 of those fell in December.
  3. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Here on the west side of Michigan we got about 100". Gotta love lake effect!
  4. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto on the lake effect.

More coming this weekend.
  5. Alan

Alan Member

Officially 104.6 against the normal of 79.2. A lot of that came at an inch a day back in January, just fast enough to keep everything slicked up.

JD PLOWER LawnSite Member

Average about 35 inches in downtown Boston, currently at about 39. If we finish at that total I'll have no complaints. Although that does pale incomparison to the winter of 96' when we had 108" in downtown .
  7. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

JAA, how many floors do you have to go up to look out of a window?
  8. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

Kinda makes you wonder if all the buildings are built on stilts out in Erie, doesn't it?

9. Guest

Right now we are at 67 inches for the season, since November through today, average for our area is 45inches, pretty decent year. Just my two cents
  10. torque20

torque20 Banned

28 inches and $14,300.00