How much snow you guys get?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by ShortCuts, Mar 6, 2001.

1. ShortCuts

ShortCuts LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Here in Durham NH we got 28 inches. Absolute nightmare! I don't plow so I see backache, not dollar signs, when it snows. I'm just curious how the rest of you guys in the Northeast did in terms of snowfall.

oh........they are talking about another big one moving up the east coast on fri-sat.

2. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Member

well lets see we got about 30 inches and if you subtract 29 from that it should be right around what we got here in South Jersey BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG DISAPOINTMENT for alot of guys here weather people around here didnt even come close. It started out there was going to be 1 to2 feet then they said oh well now it is going to be maybe a foot then they said well 6 to 12 then 4 to 6 then 2 to4 four and today they said 1 to 3 and it snowed some but didnt stick at all I am not counting on anything for this weekend.........

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

WE got 5-6 more today,so we are at 12" now and its still coming down,should let up soon.

4. crash22201

crash22201 LawnSite Member

Here in central new jersey there is a lot of disappointed
    plow guys even me. everyone was well ready for 2 feet of snow. every body got machines for (THE BIG ONE)here.
    nothin but a 1/2 inch here.
    I would not count on this weekend
    either. Until i see it.

5. Ben W

Ben W LawnSite Member

The 6 pm. news said we had 11.2 inches but at my house we have about 16 inches.

6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Off the hillsides we had 12-14in. and up there on the hilltops they had up to 28in.+ depending on wind conditions.

Kris

7. HandyHaver

HandyHaver LawnSite Member

Well here in the burbs of "The City of Brotherly Love"
    (really, just watch the news) we got about an inch of slush and about an inch of powder. A very big bust considering all the hype. Not even going to watch the weather for this one coming in this week-end till I see flakes.

Mark

8. oldmankent

oldmankent LawnSite Member

Around 6" for now, but still blowing hard, and expecting a little more snow. Wet stuff. Bar Harbor that is.

9. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like it's all over now, in total we had around 12" where I am, which is about 90 miles north of Toronto Canada. Funny thing was, with all the hype about the east coast I don't recall much being said by our local weatherguessers regarding that foot of snow!

10. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

We where supposed to get almost 3 feet and we ended up with almost 2 inches. It was the longest 2" storm I've ever seen. We got about an inch of snow then about 1/2" of ice then another inch of snow.