How much time savings w/ztr?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husky03, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

How much time can I expect to save with my new Gravely 34z? Say for instance the lawn took me 1 hour with my 21" including trimming, edging, and blowing. How long do you think it will take me with the Z once I become most efficient with it? This is important so I know how much my prices need to change.

Thanks... :)

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Change your prices in what way? I hope you don't mean lowering them.

3. Husky03

No, I don't. I am raising all of my prices next year when I become legit. I want to have a good idea of how long it will take so I know exactly how much to charge. Any idea?

Thanks...

4. jmt34

jmt34 LawnSite Member

I use a JD m653 and it save tons of time. If I mowed with a 21 and it took an hour, I could probably do it in 20 minutes tops. You actually have to charge more per hour, but you get much more done. I usually try to achieve 40 per hour base.

5. Husky03

The price change has NOTHING to do with getting the ZTR and less time. Forget I even said that. How big is the deck on your JD?

6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the consensus around here is to try to make $1.00 per minute. Try to bid your future jobs with this equation.

7. Husky03

That is what I was planning on doing for next season $1.00 per minute. Any ideas about time?

Thanks...

8. 34" will take 1hour 35 mins to mow 1 acre
    do the math

9. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 34Z and all those back gated yards, I have cut the time down to more than half of what it use to take me with a WB.

10. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Based on an open acre. We have accounts the rider doesn't come off the truck. honestly, if you have smaller houses a ZTR can be a nuisance more than a help. :)