How much to AD in Yellow book?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Apr 4, 2008.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I called them for advertising info and the lady I talked to didnt seem to know much. She took my info and told me a representative would contact me within 2 days:confused: So Im sure it varies with area but how much does the little buisness card size picture ad cost and how much for the larger index card size one???

2. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I was approached by a salewoman while I was out in the feild and she quoted me a price of $28 a month for the business card size ad.....don't know if I will do it seems high compared to me doing quality work and word-of-mouth which are free!!!

3. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

$28 a month is to high. a single line listing here costs more than that.

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Go with the QC one color buy one get one free under another heading and bold listing in white pages and free internet listing.

5. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

oh no, its probably going to be a fortune in my area too then. I live near expensive areas in general, thats why I am in this business. Getting started is really hard

6. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Phone books are worthless, unless you are a lawyer. Plus everyone just goes online to find businesses anymore.

7. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i tried the yellow pages for 2 years and didn't get 1 call from it. my money would have been better off put to other advertisement.

8. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I have a business card add in my local yellow pages and I thought that it was going to be a wast of my money, I have found different! I have received about 60% of my CALL'S from the yellow pages but this is mostly from there Internet search site, from the book its self, not so much.
    I have found there it really depends on the are in which you live in for if there are mostly Internet savey people get your owen web page and put an add in the yellow pagers Internet site, but if you have allot of retiree's the paper is the way to go.
    So I think you get the best out of the yellow pagers for your in both the Internet and on paper.
    Just my .01 cent (sorry gotta fill the truck up today):laugh:

9. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Yellow pages work but they do a better job in less populated areas. I receive half of all my calls from Yellow page ads.

10. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

they also messed my ad up and wouldnt fix it, then renewed it for another year without permission and wouldn't cancel it.