how much to charge 68k SF

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rslawnscapes, Apr 12, 2006.

1. rslawnscapes

rslawnscapes LawnSite Member

I need to put a bid in for a condo complex.68k square feet.some slopes.usual trimming,blowing ect.I'm thinking somewhere between $160 and $200.Does anyone charge by the square ft.if so how much?

2. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

.005 X Sq Ft = $

You should be charging $325 per cut. Everybody should use this formula but they dont, it's a thing of the past, how sad.......

3. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

.005 x sq ft seems more reasonable... only other way to know an exact price for a property is knowing your cost to do business....

When i first started trying to estimate lawns i had read some where .008 x sq ft. but man it seemed so freaking high i quit trying to use that. I never gave that price to a homeowner i figured I'd get laughed right off the property.

Last year a guy came by checking out something my dad was selling and told him he'd cut for him... said $15 bucks week (by my est. for this lawn is $30 week) Dad said $15? I'll give you $20. I now live at the house and do it myself but dad couldn't understand how that guy was going to live on his quotes... End of the season the guys ztr broke down and him and his mother (had to be late 70's early 80's) were out here mowing in 90 degree heat with push mowers. :dizzy:

All_Clear

4. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

Acre and a half of turf, or the whole lot, building included?

125.00-150.00

5. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

Five dollars a sq. ft. ??? You guys must have some really rich clients.;)

6. mow2nd

ummmm that's not $5 per sq ft it's .005, which is a half a penny...........duh

7. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

$5 sq ft x 68,000 = $340,000.00

If you can get that i'll take one for the year forget all the rest.

All_Clear

8. mow2nd

by the way, my dad has been in this business over 40 years and he once told me guys were getting .01 per sq ft on commercial properties in the early 70's and 80's. That was back when you could make some money in commerical. (For dcgreen that is 1 cent per sq ft) things cost more now days, but our prices have fallin to .005 (half a penny) even lower for what I call lowballers. If we could all get on the same page, maybe we could all make more money.

9. dcgreenspro

from PA

.005x68000=340.00
    340/68=5
    Simple math. :hammerhead:

10. dcgreenspro

from PA

oops, thats five dollars per 1000 ft.