1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How Much to charge and hour for a acre lot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CMLandscaping, Oct 25, 2006.

1. CMLandscaping

CMLandscaping LawnSite Member
    from CT

Well I had this customer call me this afternoon and asked me how much it would cost him to do a leaf cleanup. I asked him what did the other bidders put in. One of them said 350 an hour. How Ridiculas is that. Well i got it and im happy. If anyone has this same problem post it

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

The amount per hour you can charge depends on the equipment you have. When estimating a leaf cleanup each property is different. The amount of leaves will vary so you must estimate how long the job will take or just tell them a per hour price. Most of the customers we deal with want a price for the job.

3. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

The 350.00 an hour sounds odd ,are you sure it was'nt for the hole 1 acre job? What did you bid it for an acre of leaves is alot:laugh: :laugh:

4. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

If the LCO has seven people working and lots of equip it's a good deal.

5. livingreen1

livingreen1 LawnSite Member

I say figure your expenses and figure how much you want to make and then stick to your price be fair to your self and the customer so eveybody is happy.

6. CMLandscaping

CMLandscaping LawnSite Member
    from CT

Well i got the job and my cousin got reallypo cause i stole his lawn cause he tried to charge the guy way to much and he asked about a senior citizens discount and i gave it to him

7. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

What did you charge him?

8. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

SO you lowballed your cousin ??:hammerhead: WOW :nono: