How much to charge for 65,000 square foot lawn?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by turbo5560, Apr 5, 2007.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 LawnSite Senior Member

Quoting a church with over 65,000 square feet. Not sure how everyone quotes lawns, but people in my area do it by square feet. What would someone charge for mowing 65,000 square feet. Either per time or for the year. Anything would help! This does not include fertilizing, I have already figured that out. Just mowing, trimming and edging 200 feet of sidewalk.

2. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I do a church with about 4 acres of turf for $175 per cut. Thats two 60" mowers running for about 45 minutes then an additional 30 minutes of trimming and cleanup.

3. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I do a church that is 1.5 acres for $135.00

Takes me about 1 1/2 hours for trimming, edging and mowing.

4. turbo5560

turbo5560 LawnSite Senior Member

1.5 hours for one guy or for two? Do you pick up grass clippings as well for that price?

5. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Just me and no I dont bag. I bag one yard on my list and thats it. The only other times I have my catcher on is in the fall for cleanup or if its a foot tall and double cutting wont get the job done.

6. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I would price that some where around 110 per cut. Just a rough estimate without seeing it.

7. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

We do a church that is probably just a little less that 2 acres for $253. It takes 3 of us 75 min.

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

That seems like a lot ... $ 125 per acre ... is that going rate in your area ?

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Give me an address, and I will take a look at it for you. I can atleast tell you what it would take US to do it. That may help a little bit, anyway.

10. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

It breaks down to $67 per hour. Who in the world charges by the acre? I charge by the job, not by the hour or acre. My goal is to be at 60 per man hour, some properties are a little less, some are a little more.