How much to charge for a flat acre of land?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Andrew's Lawn Maintenance, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

Andrew's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Member

Just wondering how much you guys are charging out there for a flat acre of land (not alot of trimming and slopes). I am currently charging 60/cut. Is that to much?

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, that's right on the money, be glad you're getting that much but it's the right price, folks may think it's too much but it's not.

I like them lots, 1/2 acre to an acre are my favorite size, first I don't spend all day there but yet it gives me something to DO.
    Something about that 1-stop shop feel of an acre lot, you can't hardly beat $60 a stop even if you can only do 4-6 a day of them.

3. Andrew's Lawn Maintenance

Andrew's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Member

I thought so, but I called another company in town and they said they would charge me 55/cut for an acre. (Big company!!!)

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I was charging that for one yard and a lco stole it from me for half as much. This one had lots of trimming. I guess he was one of those volumn lowballers:dizzy:

5. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

No Trimming, no blowing, just flat land mowing with no trees. Shoot I'd do $30/acre

That's near $100/hr if you're good

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

You have to include travel time. Unless you have 3 acre yards side by side

7. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

You're right. I was assuming the property was, for example, five acres. Then $30/acre would be good.

8. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

60 is good - i couldn't do it for less then 45 and make any money
    60 - good money
    45 - ehhhh
    30 - no thank you i can't afford to do it for that - i have other lawns to mow

9. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

My largest yard is 22.900 sq feet (less then half an acre) and I charge $55. Takes me 55 min with a 36 wb and I walk behind:(

10. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L LawnSite Member

$60 sounds good to me. How long does it take you? My goal is to get $60 per hour. My biggest is $72, now I can zip it off in under an hour. In Spring it takes over 2 hours, it all averages out in the end.