How much to charge for fertilizing?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

How about the time it takes you to study and pass the license test? Doesn't that count for something?

2. Horsepower Lawns

Horsepower Lawns LawnSite Member

I don't have the Lic. so I don't spray...:waving: :waving:

I don't want him to get in trouble for spraying with out a Lic. :hammerhead:

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It won't matter, because in a few short years, there will be a thousand guys out there doing it in your area, and guess what will happen to the market then? The same thing that happened to the mowing industry - that has been ruined ever since. Name me one other business in this whole entire world tat hasn't had any price increase in the last 20 years. As a matter of fact, compared to the cost of living and all other expenses, it has gone down. Even more than that, and what is a total joke, is that some places are actually even paying less today than they were back then. I know of one apt. complex I did 20 years ago for $360 per cut. It is now being done for $240.
    Well, the same thing is going to happen to the "fertilizer" market. The thin you have to do guys, is think ahead. Think outside of everyone else is doing and plan to stay a step ahead. 15-20 years ago, the fert. and chem. for lawns market WAS the thing to look in to. There is a new niche coming, now.