How much to charge for flower bed cleanup?? (Pics)

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Smith Lawn & Landscaping, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

My customer was asking me for a estimate on cleaning her flower beds. She wants all the weeds gone and mulch in the smaller beds closer to the deck. I have a price in mind i just wanted to know yalls opinion and see if im in the right ball park range?? any help would be appreciated thanks.... The beds are 32ft. L x 4 1/2 Wide.

SUC53005.jpg

SUC53006.jpg

SUC53007.jpg

SUC53008.jpg

SUC53009.jpg

2. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

WOW!! 9 views and no responses cmon guys give a little info at least. Im not asking what i should bid im just asking if im in the right area thats all.

3. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

4500 pesos

4. Integrity LC

Integrity LC LawnSite Member

To tell you the truth... don't clean them. They need to be ripped out and redone. New border, new plants, new mulch. Propose this to her and see what she says. A clean up will never look as good as a new install, espically in those beds.

Theres a great chance you to make some good money.

Doug

5. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

I was actually thinking the same thing cause they look like s*** but we shall see. thanks again.

6. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I agree those flower beds are a straight MESS and need to be ripped out and re-done! I would not touch that unless they let me take it all out. The reason is that a project that large will never look fresh otherwise.

DJ-

7. mregan

mregan LawnSite Member

don't know about it being a total loss. Cut out the dead shrubs, branches, etc. I would increase the width of the beds, the plants could use some more room. Take out the old mulch or what ever that stuff is, re-edge or new border, maybe add alot more annuals. Also that fence could use some clean upand stain.

8. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Yea im gona give her a bid on the beds being redone, I see a perfect time to upsell i just hope she goes for it. Im also gona mention pressure washing that ugly fence LOL. thanks again

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I would agree, not on the annuals though.

10. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Looks like a 12 hour job at your hourly rate. ($250-300)