How much to charge for leaf cleanup in fall

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by landscapetastic, May 7, 2012.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think I've ever had a 1/2 acre leaf cleanup that's taken more than 6 hours...sure it's possible but I think that's a pretty good figure.

My cleanup rate is $60/hr and I'm worth every penny of that...something about fall leaf cleanups....I work with a real sense of urgency...pretty much double-timing it the whole time.

2. kendavisbiz

kendavisbiz LawnSite Member

Do you have a team
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Darryl G

Me...I'm solo in the fall. My rate includes me, my Lazer and bagger, dump trailer (not dump fees) big backpack blower and 10hp wheel blower if needed along with barrels, rakes, tarps and all that stuff. If I'm running the leaf loader, which I haven't in years, it's $75/hr.

4. kendavisbiz

kendavisbiz LawnSite Member

Yea.ive been at it 24 years. Spray services n all. We run eight men. Big cleanups r a bear. We do about 75k in fall cleanups. I like a big team on cleanups cuz they r ass kickin.. Nice talkin n good luck
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Orrdc

Orrdc LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone just put on the G6 blades and go to town?

6. Darryl G

I put standard Gators on in the fall and grind most of the first leaves down. After they start to get heavy I either blow them off to the woods or grind them up with the mower and bag them. I haul my Lazer with rear bagger in the dump trailer and can usually fit a whole days worth of ground up leaves in the front with the mower in the back. So yeah I mulch, but only to a degree. I keep cutting every 2 to 3 weeks in the fall, so each property usually gets 2 to 3 visits. After October 15th I go from flat rate mowing to straight hourly on all of my accounts with a 1 hour minimum, but I will wave the minimum and charge the relgular price if the cleanup was quick and routine....plus hauling/disposal of course.

7. Orrdc

Orrdc LawnSite Senior Member

I guess a lot of it is going to be trial by fire for me to see what I can and cant do. Thanks for the reply

8. TurfsUpLawns

TurfsUpLawns LawnSite Member

gator blades go on when the leaves start falling.

9. chris brauch

chris brauch LawnSite Member

what is this M/H rate everyone is talking about? i want to know more about equating prices for my business. I am just starting out

10. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

M/H = Man hours. What rate you get per man hour for a service.