How much to charge for power washing?

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by NorthTexasLawnScapes, Dec 19, 2011.

1. NorthTexasLawnScapes

NorthTexasLawnScapes LawnSite Member

Was thinking of adding this service to my company. Iv been told to only do patios, driveways, and decks. How much should i charge if i wanting to do a standard price. Thanks alot and cant wait to hear from you!!

2. BestBuddies

BestBuddies LawnSite Member

I try to estimate the time it will take to do the job and try to charge between $40-50 an hour while doing that.

You have to sell them on how great it will look as well because it can really make sure a big difference on the patios/decks.

3. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Bestbuddies price is about right. I only do driveways and sidewalks now. Had an issue while pressure washing a house (outside electrical outlet) that fried the wire in the wall. I went ahead and paid for the repairs but soured me on washing houses.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Pressure Washing Cleve

Pressure Washing Cleve LawnSite Member

We're much higher here for pressure washing.

5. Everett Abrams

Everett Abrams LawnSite Member

In regards to cost per hour I always tell people to figure your costs first and then figure your price per hour. When you figure in phone bill, gas, marketing (signage, business cards, estimate sheet, etc.), electric, supplies, insurance, equipment purchases, vacation, time, and so on you realize that everyone's should be a little different. Before you ask, yes my customers pay for my vacation. You will realize that $40-$50/hr. will just about cover costs and leave very little for profit. I specialize in exterior wood restoration and have performed all types of pressure washing and that is just too low for decks especially. Regardless of how you come up with a price you should arrive at roughly the same price. For instance if you have a deck that is 1000 sq.ft. (floor, rail system, everything) and you charged $1.25/sq.ft then the price would be $1250. That same deck should take approximately 12.5 man hours as well at $100/hr. For most jobs I would charge approximately $100/hr. There are many variables on jobs. Houses that have contemporary architecture with dormers and a lot of roof and ladder work will be more. Decks that need to be stripped multiple times will be more. Take each job individually but these are just some helpful hints. If you are going to do a lot of concrete cleaning you should invest in a surface cleaner to save time and be more profitable as well as perform a much better result.

6. Roof Cleaning Virginia

Roof Cleaning Virginia LawnSite Member

Much like ACE stated above, we're higher too.

That's sound wisdom Everett. I add a little different twist to it (whatever works, right?). We place the most emphasis on what the market will bare. And that is loosely determined by our closing ratio. (Knowing costs is absolutely key of course. )

Just something else to consider for those that choose to.

7. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

price depends on YOUR market area, YOUR business needs and YOUR needs

I charge per job, not per hour