1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How much to charge for putting mulch down.

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by mowingmachine93, Jun 21, 2009.

1. mowingmachine93

mowingmachine93 LawnSite Member

I am going to start doing mulch jobs and am wondering how much to charge and how to figure out how much mulch is needed to do the job?
    Also how much to charge to pull the weeds out of the beds before you put the mulch down?

BJWLAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

here is a start. When you are doing mulch with beds that are full of plants and such, it takes longer to do. If you do wide open spaces and are upright you use a lot more material. I find you probably need close to twice the amount of mulch over new fabric also.
  3. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 LawnSite Senior Member

around here i charge $25 for double ground mulch a yard and $15 a yard for signal ground

plus my time i charge $40 an hour to put it down

less than an hour less i charge
  4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I charge $80- $100 an hr.

Do a search on this subject. It comes up once a month and there has been plenty of discussion on the subject.
  5. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 LawnSite Senior Member

its location any way you look at it any thing you do its all about location

im average at $40 an hour there are people cheaper and people that do it for more money but i charge good for my mulch which makes up the difference
  6. crazyman

crazyman LawnSite Member

I charge 70 dollars a yard installed
  7. mowingmachine93

mowingmachine93 LawnSite Member

Thank you for all the information I appreciate it.
  8. Rlclawnguy

Rlclawnguy LawnSite Member

How much are you paying for that mulch? We only use triple ground and we sell it to contractors for about $25, obviously it is cheaper for double ground but that seems a bit low. We are getting about $80/yard installed which includes edging and weeding.
  9. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks LawnSite Senior Member

We put it down for 75 a yard. Edging and weed pulling extra...
  10. fredski119

fredski119 LawnSite Member

I charge $55 a yard when you can dump and go. $60 a yard when you have a lot of plants in your way. But get this i talk to a guy today he told me he charges $50 a yard with bed edging and cleaning of the beds thats crazy!!!!!!!!!