How much to charge per an hour?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Z's Lawncare, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

4 hrs to mow 6.5 acres with 54'' deck you must be using a tractor mower

1000' of fence should only take 20-30 mins with right trimmer

You sure that hillside is 1 to 1 slope not 3 to 1 or 2 to 1

1 to 1 would be almost straight up you wouldn't be able walk on it

2. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

it's weird with my buddy. hourly stuff he charges 50 flat rate. but mowing he's about a lowballer. worse than me

3. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

That is Right:clapping::clapping:

Like today signed a new contact I use to do the job in mid 90s up to 04 Lost it till now and I know how long it takes to mow and trim it.
    I'll be making way over 100 per hour for 6 hrs worth of work.
    I ask how many bids was turned in and they showed me the other 2 bids, I was wow. I was a lowballer , The other guys was double my rate and double the time. In the bid you had to tell how long the job will take
    I know how long it takes the other guys has no clue
    This is a 5 yr contact with each year 5% increase if needed

4. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Im cool with $50 but I usually try to shoot for $60. But with that said I have very low overhead. As someone said earlier I feel a lot has to do with your equipment. The right equipment can help you achieve you hourly goal.

5. birddseedd

very true. although if anyone in this business (asside from high cost of living areas obviously) cannot make profit off of 50 bucks an hour they are doing it very wrong

6. Chineau

Chineau LawnSite Member

I note different people comment about getting paid after the job is done, how do you account for the time to write invoice and the cost of mailing them? I charge per job/ cut most properties 40$ and given the size average two property per hour. I haven't seen him on here this year but a fellow who goes by the title Grandview nails it pre paid get the cash in your pocket you have to mange the cash but at least you have it to manage, then all you have to do is deliver the service. Less hassle for you.:drinkup:

7. birddseedd

I have a buddy that likes to give discounts for season paid up front. I've done it

8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

One envelope, one page of paper, one self addressed envelope and one stamp per month per customer and maybe 5 minutes to enter the invoice into my books, stuff the envelope and put a stamp on it....not like it's a large expense.

9. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Email invoices is the only way to go. No paper. No envelopes. No stamps. People are absolutely thrilled every time I tell them this is how they'll be invoiced too. Once you have their info. put into whatever program you decide to use it literally takes 5 minutes a night to mark the ones you mowed that day.

10. dhardin53

dhardin53 LawnSite Senior Member

I shoot of $1 per minuet. or $60 a hour. easy math...