How much to charge per hour for spring and fall clean ups

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawn guy 300, Sep 29, 2010.

1. dtriv89

dtriv89 LawnSite Member

Losing a little profit could turn into losing your shirt real quick doing it that way

2. AzLawnMan

AzLawnMan LawnSite Senior Member

I am so excited, I thought I was the only one on this site that thought this way. :drinkup:

3. MR-G

MR-G LawnSite Senior Member

we sell time...plain and simple...we dont care what it is we are doing...everything gets billed by the hour...as our costs are broken down by the hour as well....its the only way you can have multiple crews all on the same page at the same time...it provides a system (for lack of better words) for all your personnel to go by....we may lose out a little on making a killing on an easy job...but we never ever lose on any job.:usflag: and yes..our hourly rate differs depending on what the job is...putting down mulch is less than tree trimming...mowing is less than installations..it mainly depends also what equipment is needed...we have a set rate for each piece of equipment used on a job..and all have hour meters...even the small stuff.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010