How much to charge?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by j_whit, Apr 29, 2005.

1. j_whit

j_whit LawnSite Member

I'm doing a landscape job for a client of mine. There will be three beds that I will need to build out of cross ties 37 in all. The Dimenions are 16x4.5, 29x 3.5 & 14x3.5 . 7scoops of dirt, 4scoops of mulch, 2Bradford pears,7 english boxwoods, 5dwarf nandinas, 11 monkey grass. I believe thats it. I figured about 950.00 in labor & delivery charge.
    Thanks J_Whit

2. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going to say way too low. I'm assuming the labour and delivery does not include cost of materials? I also assume scoops means yards? 11 yards of Triple Mix and Mulch should be at least $65 a yard installed. $715.00 right there. Take a simple number of $15 to plant each item other then the pears for $360.00. Pears at $25 a tree min. for $50.00. Building those beds out of ties is hard work. We'll say 9 hours to construct and install just the beds. After excavating, leveling the ties, putting it all together. 9 x $35.00 man/hr for 1 guy is $315.00 ( I would think I'm on the low end again). So far my total is $725.00 not including the mulch and dirt. Over $1400 with the dirt and mulch included.

Oh and this should be in the landscaping forum lol.

3. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

Oops, I forgot I changed forums, my mistake. Wondered why all the posts I was reading had to do with landscaping. :alien:

4. j_whit

j_whit LawnSite Member

The whole job cost is 1664.64 this is labor & mateirals. two men will be doing the work. and yes when i said scoop i mean yard