How Much To Charge

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Frosty_03, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

I know this might wierd, but I have a customer that wants me to water his property on a regular basis, I told him it might be better to install a sprinkler system. Anyway what is a good price to charge to go and water his property. It is about an acre, I do the lawn so it would be to my best intrest. any input would be appreciated:cool2:

2. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

If the customer is wanting you to come out regarly and pull a water hose out and set up a sprinkler and want you to move it around all the time they yolu would be WASTING YOUR TIME!!!

Install a irrigation system or have someone else do it and be done with it.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Just run the numbers. Calculate the hours of watering needed based on the property size and water supply. Unless you work for minimum wage, a sprinkler system is a better deal for the homeowner.

4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

I was thinking a charge something along the lines of "an arm and a leg" would be justifiable. Put in an irrigation system and then the time saved would allow for many other things to be done. Money WAY ahead in the long run. :)

5. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

This is exactly what I suggested is to install a good sprinkler system, as always good info. :cool2: