1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how much to charge?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by monroe, Jan 27, 2008.

1. monroe

monroe LawnSite Member
    from La.

Is anyone out there from northeast Louisiana? If so, I have seen what to charge for Mulching per yard,trimming per hour, gutter clean-outs, Pine straw and so on and so on. Are these good numbers for this area?
  2. monroe

monroe LawnSite Member
    from La.

I guess I'm alone.
  3. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

What numbers are you currently at?
    I have quit quoting trimming by the hour, people just do not want to pay it like that, plus you can make more quoting by the job once you get your times straight in your head on what it takes to do everything, I just fix my target rate in my mind and try to quote as close as possible, just don't cut yourself short on cleanup time(that takes the longest)....
    Mulching usually ranges 75-80 yard / price includes mulch......
    Pinestraw is about 15-17 per bale installed / price includes straw.......
    We don't do gutter cleanouts because I do not want to pay the higher worker comp rate associated with that..I have heard of people charging 30-45 per hour for that type of work,......

These are just round numbers from conversations with various LCO's we have discussed. I try to fall in those ranges on jobs , sometimes its a little higher sometimes its a little lower.
  4. monroe

monroe LawnSite Member
    from La.

Thanks mslawn. Those are the numbers I was thinking about. I might have been a little low on pine straw. As for gutters, I am not looking for the business, just when the homeowners asks, I wanted a ballpark figure to quote them.