How much to charge?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawncrew, May 6, 2008.

1. lawncrew

lawncrew LawnSite Member

I Just starting mowing commercial jobs and i was wanting to know how much to charge for this tractor supply account?? I have a 60" z-turn. I placed a bid for $65 a week. It looks like to me it would take 30min to mow and additional time to trim.

tractor supply.jpeg

2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

well, i came up with roughly 7k in turf that needs to be cut spreadout. just for sh*ts and giggles, lets raise to a 1/4 acre. lets say starting out would be 40 for the cut. trimming, looks like alot to me. lets add 20 to the price and then another 20 for blowing because there are alot of lots close by. grand total you should charge is 80 per week. goodluck.

3. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

looks like a lot of edging too, gotta make it right even if u font agree on it w/ the business to start w/. others that see it dont know your agreement w/ management, all they know is your name from the truck. make it look good, someone can always go cheaper.

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

from the looks of the pic, edging would be out. I don't see any curbs or sidewalks that would need it. Mostly trimming and blowing with alittle mowing. 70-80 sounds right.

5. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

If your red line is correct that is WAY more than 7K sq ft.

6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i meant in turf.

7. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like way more turf then 7k, more like 12k. measure it with a wheel to be sure.

8. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

What about blowing it off?