1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How much to charge?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deltalawns, Jul 8, 2003.

1. deltalawns

deltalawns LawnSite Member

I was offered a job to cut a 23 acre lot. The grass is pretty tall.
    I don't own a tractor or bush hog so I'll have to rent these pieces of equiptment. Knowing some of the factors can someone help me come up with a formula to solve this problem.
  2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Around my area one person quoted me $20 acre for bushhog. Not sure what his equipment is or how it would look when he gets done.
  3. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I charge $100/hr for bushhogging. I've found it to be difficult to charge by acre because of the rough terrain often encountered can slow you down as well as the amount of trees and other obstacles. I had a 2 1/2 acre open building lot that had chest high weeds, took me 4 hours to bushhog it flat like customer wanted. Went over it two times and had to trim along a long fenceline. When you consider the time you spend loading the tractor, adjusting the implement and transporting it, there is a lot of time spent on this thing before you even get in the seat. There is not much to be bushhogged in town so your always going out into the sticks to some new development you never heard of ...Hate it.