How much to charge

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JRSlawn, Feb 13, 2005.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

How much should I charge per acre to mow, trim, edge, weed and bag the property. I was approached by a large company who wants me to bag there properties and need help with my numbers. Please help :dizzy:

2. JRSlawn

Bump :sleeping: :sleeping:

3. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

We need way more info.

4. JRSlawn

These properties are all right next to each other. There is 3 of them #1 is 1.5 acres #2 is 2.0 acres and the third is 1 acre. They are all owned by the same individual the price really isnt an issue for him but quality is. I am just wanting to know what you guys charge by the acre to mow trim edge clean up and bag properties of this scale. They will all get mulched. ranging from 73-135 yards of mulch. So they are extremely high profile type customers I just need to know a fair price without gouging them to much.
    Thanks

5. Stinger

Stinger LawnSite Senior Member

You need to know the cost of operating your business. Not until that takes place your just shootin in the dark. How efficient is your equipment? Will you use bagged or bulk mulch? The larger the truck you order for bulk the cheaper your freight charge. Is there access for large delivery trucks? Are you planning to spread this by hand with wheelbarrows or are you going to rent a skid loader? These are just a FEW factors to take into consideration!

6. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

JRS - where are these properties at??? I am probably familiar with them and could give you a good idea.