How much to clear this? (Pictures)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Petr51488, May 8, 2005.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I have to give some prices on this big job.. How much would you guys charge for this? I would go out and rent a brush hog and just level it. The rubbish doesn't have to be taken away. So, give me some estimates.... if you have any questions just let me know.. I have to go up to the yellowish tree in the back.. and theres about 50 more feet behind the building.

Picture 1729.JPG

Picture 1731.JPG

Picture 1732.JPG

2. toxic man

toxic man LawnSite Member

If that green brush doesn't have anything to be taken down with a chain saw, then I would charge 250 to mow it down and leave it in place. That is considering I own a Gravely with a 30 brush mower and it would probably take me from setting the brake to pulling away, 45 min-1 hour.

Lou

3. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I was also thinking 200-250 but I also have a tractor with a bush hog. I would figure at least one hour. Make sure the cars are moved, bush hogs can throw some mean stuff

4. Petr51488

from NJ

Those green bushes don't need a chainsaw to take down. They are nothing but weeds. The thing is that i would have to rent a brush hog for 60.00 Anyone else?

5. Ark-Lawn

Ark-Lawn LawnSite Member

$260...rent the Hog (-$60)...hour or so later...you walk away with $200! payup Nice pay check for riding on a tractor for an hour!

6. Petr51488

from NJ

I dont think its the type that you sit on.. I think you walk behind it.. I would think that it would take more than an hour.. i was thinking 4 hours..

7. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I'd hire it out, make about 100$ bucks off of it. You never know what could happen when bush hogging. Especially if you don't really know what your doing.

8. toxic man

You can buy a gravely in your part of the country relatively cheap ~700.00. I have and do on a consistent basis, cut 20 thousand square feet properties with 4-5 foot high brush with no problem in 70-90 min. No lie! If the gravely will push it over, then it will cut it. What you are looking at in your picture is about 7-8 thousand square feet, no Problem.

Lou

9. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Because we have very little experience with a mess like that, it's hourly. $36 per man-hour. I would guess a three man crew could knock that out with line trimmers in an hour, and if we are allowed to leave all the crap laying there when we're done, it ought to be something close to $108.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

10. toxic man

If you weed whack it, it will leave long strands of debris on the ground that will look like @#$%%. A brush mower will mulch the material and actually leave a very presentable finish on the ground with no discernable pieces longer that 1 inch.

Happier customer- more referals,

lou