How much to cut this 3 acre property?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Lawn-Scapes, Dec 1, 2010.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

thats not the point, i know my lazer-z could mow that but why would i want to subject it to such abuse? mowing 3 acres of tall grass like that is a good way to destroy belts/spindals/blades/whatever. is it going to be worth it when a spindal shits the bed and costs you 500-600 for a new one? or when the deck belt blowes on my lazer and costs me the $100 bucks the belt costs? i think not.

2. Mudly

Mudly LawnSite Member

your under estimating your exmark. a belt would be your only minor concern, $50.

3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Does your excel sheet give an estimated time?

4. Lawn-Scapes

How long do you think it would take you to earn the $600 and to make it look okay?

5. Lawn-Scapes

4 times total to leave a finished cut...

6. Lawn-Scapes

Are the times you quoted for per acre or for this 3 acre job?

7. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I'd say 5-6 hours.

8. Mudly

Mudly LawnSite Member

no but i would assume with the 2 buntons tailing each other we could get 2 passes done in a 1 1/2??? so the whole job would take a little over 3 hrs with 2 mowers so 6+ hrs all together. but i can't really give you a acurate estimate from the pictures alone i just typed in the sqr yardage into excel and it tells me what to charge.

as for hitting something thats always a possibility no matter how long the grass is. but the first couple of passes your not striping so you can look at what your running over.

9. Mudly

Mudly LawnSite Member

your timing log makes no sense 2 1/2 hrs for 2 to 3 acres
    or 3 1/2 hrs for 4 to 5 acres. ????????????

10. Lawn-Scapes

Very good you two..

Using one 74" DC.. It took 6 hours and my charge was $600

I did it in 2 visits... first visit took 4 hours. all clippings were discharged in the same direction.. doubling back on the previous pass.

Went back a couple days later to let the clippings dry out.. repeating the above process... took 2 hours