How much to cut this 3 acre property?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Lawn-Scapes, Dec 1, 2010.

1. pinecrestwoods

pinecrestwoods LawnSite Member

And they wanted these 3 acres cut because..... will you be returning to maintain it?

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

because it was neglected between transfer of ownership.. it was a one time job

3. Lawn-Scapes

So does your spreadsheet factor in the length of grass and spit out the price? And how does it spit out a price without having some sort of time factored in?

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

im not under estimating anything,i dont like to abuse the crap out of my equipment to make a few bucks:rolleyes:. and the deck belt that runs the blades is close to a hundred dollar belt not $50 i just bought one last week.

and no a belt woulden't be my only concern, stumps, rocks,random crap in the tall grass would be my concern.

5. Mudly

Mudly LawnSite Member

wow a belt for my 60" buntons runs $50 spindles i beleive are 120 (havn't bought one for awhile).

anyways im not telling you your wrong buts those should be concerns at every yard.

6. Mudly

Mudly LawnSite Member

no i just put in the square yardage read my earlier post.

7. Lawn-Scapes

I read your earlier post... earlier!

So, your spreadsheet gives you a $600 price to cut 3 acres.. regardless of length of grass? Sorry.. but that makes no sense me...

8. Lawn-Scapes

ahhh... your spreadsheet spit out $150 for 3 acres... multiplied by 4!

9. Mudly

Mudly LawnSite Member

did you read the part were it says 3 acres 4 times. thats 60k squar yards roughly thats what i put in. i dont think you read far enough back

10. howierd3866

howierd3866 LawnSite Senior Member

$4345.00 with my 72in hustler...that just my .02