How Much To Do A Mulch Job??

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by milo, May 24, 2005.

1. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

How Much Do Most Of You People Charge To Do A Mulch Job? I Mean Like Just Bring The Mulch And Lay It Down. No Edging Like For A 5 Yards Of Mulch Job.. I Pay $25.00 A Yard And Charge $30.00 A Yard To Spread It. Is That To Little Or To Much? I Usually Only Cut Lawns.

2. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

im 60 a yard

buying it anywere from 19-24 a yard

3. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

If your only upcharging it $5 per yard, u are not making anything and doing it way too cheap. U should be able to get $50 a yard, so for a 5 yard job, u should be able to get $250 and pocket $125

4. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes I Charge The 25 For It And 30 More To Bring It And Spread It. Is That A Good Price???

5. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

He gets 55 a yard

6. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

that sounds just fine for flat areas, charge more for the "degree-of-difficulty" if it involves hillside placements.

regards

7. ArmandoR

ArmandoR LawnSite Member

I was told to charge 2-3 times the $ amount of what it cost you (ex. your cost $15. a yard charge them $30. a yard 2x or $45. a yard ) that will cover your hauling and labor .

8. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I get several different varieties of mulch from my supplier, the most popular being a twice ground hardwood mulch that I get for $10 per yard. In this immediate area I get anywhere from $35 to $40 per yard, delivered & spread (edging is extra). The few clients I have about fifty miles to the north of me ( metropolitan area) I can get $50 to $55 per yard for same mulch. True I have to drive about 35 miles extra, but I can haul about 12 yards per trip with the dump trailer & truck bed.

-Geoff

9. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

I get $75 a yard for mulch. if it is over 10 yards, I charge $65. My average cost on double ground black dyed mulch is $24-$26 delivered. any les than $65 and it is a waste of a job.

10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

you should be getting at least $50 per yard, for your pick up, delivery, and labor to install. if it's costing you $25 a yard (a bit steep i'd say) then u need to get at least $75 total per yd.