how much to fert

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DAZ982500, Apr 20, 2006.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 LawnSite Member

Got a call from customer for fertilization of the yard.What do you charge to perform the bag plus 10 percent and spreading time.Lets say 5k size yard.Dave
  2. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

Usually $1,250-$2,500/5,000 sf yard.
  3. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

We would triple the cost of the material, plus $25 to $50 and hour, minimum 1.2 hour. Depended on the customer, how much of a pain the yard was, how much spot spraying for weeds there was. If we had to do a total lawn spray for heavy weeds, we charged for that too.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

5. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly what I was thinking;)
  6. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dave it depends. If you have you taken you test and passed the certification to put down chemicals on other peoples property then it is cheap.

If you don't have a pesticide license then you need to charge lots and lots more since you will need extra money to pay for the New York fine if you get caught putting down pesticides. Yes fertilizer bags have chemicals in them unless you only get the straight fertilizer bags.

The other option is don't do anything until you get your license and have a clue what you are doing. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now if you tell me you have a license then this situation is even worse than I thought. :laugh:
  7. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Let me jump in on that sentiment. :)
  8. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

WOW????? $1,250-$2,500 per 5,000 yard?? The additional fee would cover the fines and penalties, etc.
  9. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't know you had to be licenced to put down fertilizer.
  10. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

You don't. Just like you can hire illegal aliens and they can cut grass. But their are consequences if the government does their job and catch the employer and put them out of business and possible jail time. :laugh: