How much to haul leaves away?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CharlieBingo, Nov 10, 2004.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious what guys are charging for leaf removal? I sold my vac 3 yrs ago because people only expected to pay $50 or $75, I've read some take them for free because they have a new vac. To me this is blood money, hard work. What are you guys getting for this?

2. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

$100.00 is my Minimum Charge
    I am not gonna start my vac for any less!

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

It really depends on how far I am from the area landfill. Usually I add an hour of time into my estimate for hauling them away, and $20.00 for the dump fee. I generally charge $45.00 per hour for leaf clean up.

4. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

$45.00 an hour would not cover my dumping fee's.
    Around my area I have to travel about 20 mins to dump and it is $6.00 a Yard for just leaves.

5. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

we take our leaves to our farm and we push them in with the cattle waste when the clean the holding yard.... which it gets big piles of leaves at times it makes great waste to spread on the fields

6. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I had some of the same options as you guys.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This would give you 20 there, 20 minutes back, and 20 minutes to dump. 5 yds. = 30. This would give a $75. haul fee at this rate. I charge close to the same, but then I don't have to pay a dump fee. I dump on my own property. I still charge the going rate, though. This is just incorporated into the cleanup charge.

8. Turfcutters Plus

Turfcutters Plus LawnSite Senior Member

I don't haul anymore.All leaves are left on property.I gotta say i love it!! :p