How much $$$ to have site professionally designed? Where to get one?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Tyler7692, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

On average, how much would it be to have someone design a site. Nothing crazy-fancy, just clean cut and professional looking? (Sorry, I know its vague)

And where should I go? Somewhere local where I can sit down face to face and tell them what I'm looking for?

2. ericlemson

ericlemson LawnSite Member

www.seriouswebsolutions.com - They do small business websites. It will cost a couple hundred probably, but look very nice...They did a bar that I used to work at.

3. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

My guess too - $200 to $300 to get something that looks appealing, yet basic.

A good looking starter site. Or a simple keeper.

4. WebMan

WebMan LawnSite Member
    from D/FW TX

A good contractor site (as stated above) should fall in that price range unless you want something out of the ordinary for what most contracting companies do. That's enough for 4-6 pages, and things like a photo gallery, request an estimate (or whatever) contact form, etc. plus pages for details on your services.

5. H2O

H2O LawnSite Member
    from MA

Tyler7692, site design might cost a couple hundred - $1,000 or more.

Important things to consider:
    1. Web site design does not always include proper SEO.
    2. How will you promote your web site?

Its nice to have a beautifully designed web site, but if its not promoted or advertised... nobody will find it.

6. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a qoute of 4500 that included the design and the wording on the site. The examples sites I saw from the company looked very good but I cant afford 4500 on a website. For that amount of an investment I would need a serious return.

7. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was going to have the website printed everywhere; business cards, fliers, postcards, shirts, invoices and estimates, ect...

So I don't need a 5000 dollar site...something clean and simple that would look good, not something an amateur with a Site Builder tool would have done.

I'd also like to make it so I could have a PayPal page where they can pay online.

8. Tripeaks L M

Tripeaks L M LawnSite Member
    from Bend

I do website design on the side, its is not that difficult, just time consuming. I could definately do it for less than 3-$400, man that sounds like a lot for a website.

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Think we are spending about $2500, and it's not even completed as of yet. You can get basic sites for cheaper, but if you are looking for interactive and more informative sites I think you will be over $1k easily.

10. H2O

H2O LawnSite Member
    from MA

A web page (1 single page), couple $100's.
    Creating a multi page web site with, photos, contact forms, online cc payment, interactive, etc, etc, will cost $1000's.

"I was going to have the website printed everywhere; business cards, fliers, postcards, shirts, invoices and estimates, ect..." That's good but...
    In terms of promotion, i was referring to online/web promotion. Search engine optimization is embedded in your web site's design code. Is SEO included with your design price? Is maintenance of your site included?

"I cant afford 4500 on a website. For that amount of an investment I would need a serious return."
    Sell 2-3 jobs through your web site, cost will be quickly covered, everything after is $$ in your pocket.

An important thing to consider: What do your competitors have for web sites? First impressions count. Amatuer, inexpensive cheap looking sites will not give you an edge over your competition.

Again, this is where good SEO really counts: Will your web site appear in OR anywhere near your competitors search engine results? Will potential customers surfing the web find you OR your competion?