1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How much to Install Trees?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by VRL, Apr 30, 2001.

1. VRL

VRL LawnSite Member

I may get a job to install a few of these trees, How much do you charge to install each:

15gal Birch or purple plum tree(for example)?
    24" box trees
    36" " "
    48" " "

in clay soil with big chunks of rocks and any equipment rental or service to move 36" and 48" box trees over the house to a back yard. Gate is were only 21" mower fits in through the gates.

Thanks for your help.

2. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you take out a section of fence for this install? If not, this is going to be a difficult job and estimating time will become more difficult. What equipment can you use?

3. VRL

VRL LawnSite Member

No, I've spoke to other Landscapers and they usually use cranes to move trees those sizes over to the back yard. I just forgot to ask how much they do it for.

What do you guys think just for front yards with easy access?

4. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Around here you can rent a crane for a day for $500, this is not going to be a "heavy lift crane" but the type that they use for setting roof trusses. For the bigger stuff a cranes start at 150 per hr. and go up from there, most times they are 3 hr min. but with set up and travel it's more like 4 hrs.

5. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

I have lifted many trees over fences with our bobcat

6. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe try to rent a ding I dont know if that would fit or not I have never seen a gate only 21" wide =(. HOpefully 36".