How much to live on?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by m&mmowing, Jul 22, 2008.

1. m&mmowing

m&mmowing LawnSite Member

about how many accounts should i have if i were to live on my own through mowing?
    I am 19 years old, single, very little college debt, an established business of about 30 customers and my equipment is bought for, i have to pay off my new truck next year at about $312 a month.
    I will be working solo, and an average of $35-40 dollars per account, thank you

2. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

You will need $15K per month and 100 acounts to live in a nice house. You need $300 and 2 acounts per month to live in your truck.

You decide.

3. bone1

bone1 LawnSite Member
    from ga

:laugh::laugh:

4. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

15K per month??? Wow I wasn't aware of that - how nice of a house do you want to live in?

5. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Holy crap, 15k per month!

6. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

i dont know how long the season is out where you are.. but here its about 7 months.. at the least you want to bring in 600 a week.. that will average you out at around 400 a week threw out the year.. you prolly cant buy a house but you'll deffintally be ok in a apt... thats what i would say the bare minimal..of course you want to focus on groth

7. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

Around here, a nice house is $500K+. If you gross $15K, pay taxes, insurance, repairs, payroll, truck, marketing, and so on, you might be able to buy one. Besides, we only work 8 months a year around here.

8. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Ah, but around here, one could get a pretty nice house (in my estimation) for $300k - $400k. And the work season is also slightly longer.

9. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Well from my math, if they are weekly customers, 30 x 35 = $1,050. You can't make it on that at the ole age of 19?

Really it's up to you to figure this out.

10. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Right now around here I could get a descent old house for just under $100,000