How much to mow 135,735 sq.ft of yard?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by blakeaf96, Jun 18, 2014.

1. blakeaf96

blakeaf96 LawnSite Member

I'm bidding a job JUST for mowing. No edging, trimming, etc. It's just me using my SnapperPro S150XT. How much to cut 135,735 sq.ft. of grass? Hardly any obstacles. About 110,000 sq.ft. is a flat meadow with no trees or anything. Some of the other is sod, some regular grass, but literally, not many obstacles at all. I'm in Georgia. What kind of price structure should I be using for this? I know this question gets asked a lot, but this is a pretty large cut, and I want to see if I'm even close. There are no hills, etc.. Pretty much an all flat, easy to get around yard..

What are some recommendations on how I should price this? I measured everything and it's right at 135,735 square feet.

By the way, the yard is only a 1/2 mile from my house, so it's VERY close drive time. Thanks in advance for the help!!

2. pdreibels

pdreibels LawnSite Senior Member

Did you use a tape measure to come up with that number?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. dieselss

dieselss LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you bid other jobs? No difference
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. blakeaf96

A wheel, how else? :)

5. blakeaf96

I normally charge $60 per acre, $35 minimum to come out. Price goes down to $50 per acre if they commit to the rest of the year. This is roughly 3.5 acres, so I'm thinking a fair price for this each week is $210. Seem reasonable? Keep in mind, this is with no trimming, edging or blowing. And again, if they commit thru to the rest of the year, it goes down to $50 per acre.

6. dieselss

dieselss LawnSite Bronze Member

So what bout no trimming. They don't know that. Charge the full amount
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. blakeaf96

Normally I do $60 per acre, $35 minimum to come out on any yard and then I figure how long it will take to edge/blow/trim and charge $25 per hour for that on top of the mowing price.

8. blakeaf96

That sound fair for the most part?

9. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

If there's no trimming I would be at $125-150

Do you really think someone is going to pay $200+ for an less than 2 hours of work every week ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. blakeaf96

I'm not going to be able to do it in an hour and it look GOOD. Some will need some double cutting. It's spaced out a good bit. The driveway is a mile long. And these are multi-millionaires with a 20,000 sq.ft house and really care about their image, so yes, I would say they would definitely pay $200 for it. I mean, it IS split up in a lot of different sections.. It's not just 1 big field I can fly over.