How Much to Mow this Jungle: Part 2

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fareway Lawncare, May 20, 2005.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

One of You Kids posted a Pic of a Postage Stamp Lawn w/some High Grass and said it Took 2 Men/1.25 hrs to mow and You Charged $90...

This Is Thick Healthy Lawn...No Weeds...Hasn't Been Mowed all Year... Almost Up to Your Knees in Spots...

Took 1 Man 8 Minutes to Mow to 2" Height & Trim .....w/36" Tracerhp/17hp Kaw Special Edition/ Micro Mulch/ Special Blade Configurations.

Not One Blade of Grass was Bagged...Not One Clipping Blown into the Beds..

8 Minutes.

lot2.JPG

lot3.JPG

2. Grass Masters

Grass Masters LawnSite Member
    from NC

a whole 8 minutes huh

Why do I take it your pulling someones leg Heck I run 60 ich ZTRS and I wouldnt try to mow that and trim it in 8 mins

3. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

1 Pass w/the Tracer...5 min....3 Minutes to Trim...

4. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

...that looks even smaller than the one he posted, so it figures it would be cut in even less time.

It's NOWHERE near knee high in your pic, typical exaggeration on your part.

And two men 30 minutes to figure out how to use the camera?

As usual, your credibility is zero.

5. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Plus 20 minutes to get the mower up the stairs.

6. Fareway Lawncare

from Canada

The Marked Section is Almost Knee High to a Grown Man....Waste High to
    C Man....To be Fair the 8 minutes did Not include Blowing the Dust and errant clipping off the Patio Area....Nor did it Include the 3 Min. Needed to Scrape the Deck.

lot4.jpg

7. sethsodsquad

sethsodsquad LawnSite Member

Maybe that marked portion is ankle high - but not knee-high. Using the height of the mower, I can see that the grass would have to be at least twice as tall as it is now. And another question, why did you stop the mower and take a picture? because it was convenient (your TTHP stalled)?

Oh, and to continue: "Not One Clipping Blown into the Beds" has to be an incorrect statement. You don't have control over every blade of grass when you blow. You just have general control.

It may have taken you 8 minutes to mow the lawn, sure - but is that what really counts? What counts is how long you were there from arrive to departure.

--Seth Goings

8. Grass Masters

Grass Masters LawnSite Member
    from NC

Oh man only 5 mins to mow it and you still had time to stop and take a picture

Wow how long to load and unload 15 seconds

YOU ARE MIGHTY MOUSE of lawn care

Who gives a rats butt how long it takes to do the job..........Getting paid is all that matters and I bet you did your 8 min job at scrub rates huh

9. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

That aint close to knee high fareway. That's like ankle deep with few shin high blades. Now had you done it right and edged it all out and done it proffesional it might of taken longer.

Ordered my new z master today. Off to fla for the weekend. See yall!

P.s. Well he could of meant knee high to BG lol

10. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Glad I don't need to point out again that's it's clearly not knee high since several others have noticed it as well.

And using your own words, 'waste' high is right - your posts are a bunch of crap.