how much to pay for a gator 4x2

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jim Feder, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Jim Feder

Jim Feder LawnSite Member

need help looking to buy a 98 gator 4x2 with a elec dump box on it runs and looks good what should i pay.:) :blob2:

2. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

I bought a new trail gator 4x2 back in the summer for $5500.00, a 4 year old one in good shape should be worth maybe 1/2 that much. Say between $2500.00 to $3000.00, just my opinion. I really like mine, handy little critter to have around the farm.

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Check here, http://www.machinefinder.com/

I bought a new 4x2 in 2000. I traded it in on a new 2002 6x4 diesel. They gave me $4500 towards the trade. I had 93 hours on it. If you can get a diesel instead of the gas,I would highly recommened it.

Here's my old one,

4x2.jpg

4. Jim Feder

Jim Feder LawnSite Member

thanks guys for leting me know we ended up tradeing for it one of our older riders for it and used it on a job to day and loved it.:p

5. heather

heather LawnSite Member

I bought mine with 300hrs on it for $3900 with dump. It was repoed from a minor league baseball team. It has been a life saver when we have large mulch jobs since we don't have a tractor. Just load it up and then go dump. Also use it to do weedeating on our large commercial jobs. (office parks)

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Heather, put some wooden sides on it and you'll double your hauling capacity,

lssides.jpg