1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How much to pay for referrals for maintenance accounts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Az Gardener, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

There are a couple of people I know in the industry that can send some good work my way via referrals. Both are maintenance contractor's that have been here in biz for a very long time both are not looking to expand any further. They both still get calls one has referred work to me and has mentioned that it would be nice to get some type of payment for the referrals. The other one has not referred me yet but I know he has many contacts and claims to be able to help me get lots of new work.

Mind you this is not a sale just referral's from very well respected peers in the industry. So what are you thinking ;) one time gratuity, ongoing % of gross for a year max? Anyone have any experience with this?
  2. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

im in the same boat but the guy isn't looking for anything from me.i sent him a $50 gift card to Red Lobster just to show im thankful
  3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

bump anybody ?
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I pay 1 month's gross Dave in cash
  5. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

We give gift certificates around Christmas time. Sometimes referrals will go both ways.
  6. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't pay for a referral, but if the person gave you a few referrals, I'd reward him with a gift card!!!