How much to removal this tree?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by JL Lawncare, Aug 24, 2010.

1. JL Lawncare

JL Lawncare LawnSite Member

Its my neighbors magnolia tree and she just wants it removed and hauled off, someone else is grinding out the stump. How much should I charge her for just cutting down and hauling off? Yes Im insured with 1 million of liability. I need to let her know by tomorrow night. Thanks

IMG_0771.jpg

2. ALLPro Landscaping

ALLPro Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Have you ever cut trees before, if so then you should know how much time it would take to do the job, so charge your hourly rate plus dumping fees,

3. JL Lawncare

I have experience but for personal property or family, never for a paying customer. What would you charge for that tree?

4. ALLPro Landscaping

Would you like me to just bid the job for you, shoot let me run your business for you while im at it. Sorry, if you do have the experience then you should have no problem, this is a small job, again figure your hourly rate, and cut a few bucks off since its right next door for one and helping freinds out is always good.

5. JL Lawncare

I dont normally do this so thats why I need help. I would not ask someone how to run a business I am knowledgeable in:hammerhead:

6. JL Lawncare

Hows $400 sound?

7. ALLPro Landscaping

whats ur hourly rate, what will the dumping fees cost you, how many guys will you have to help you,

8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

since yur local ill help ya out.
    tht would take maybe an hour to cut down w/ 2 people. figure say $45hr person plus feul, dumping, etc.. between $250-$300

9. JL Lawncare

thanks man I appreciate the southern hospitality! I see your trailer around the westbank from time to time. I live in terrytown

10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

No problem!:waving::waving: