how much to rough mow 1/4 acre empyt lot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Apr 28, 2008.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

how much would you charge to mow a 1/4 acre empty lot with the zero turn? grass/weeds about 1' tall. there may be a couple small utilities that need trimming but it's a pretty basic in and out type of job.

there may be a few in a row where i won't have to load and unload every time.

2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

At least $75.00

3. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I really don't like to mow those empty lots because of all the debris that collects in them. People tend to just throw things in the empty lots that the wouldn't in a normal lawn. I did one lot that had several objects that I could have hit had I not seen them and the weeds/grass was not very thick and only 6" tall max. There is just greater risk of damaging equipment in my opinion, so just charge accordingly and keep this in mind.

5. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

I could mow a 1/4 empty lot on my super z in 10 minutes max. how in the world could you charge 75.00? I would charge more like 75 to do 4 of these with no trimming. I'm mowing an empty 1 acre lot with no trimming right now for 50.00. I'm in and out of there in 30 minutes.

6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

being a foot tall, it will take alot longer the first time. i like $75 for the initial cut then make it 40 each time there after to compensate for any debris you might have to pick up.

7. Lovingreen

Lovingreen LawnSite Member

How long will they take you and how much do you charge an hour? Add a little for extra wear and tear and fuel

8. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't realize you said it was 1 foot tall. I would charge about 60 for the initial cut.

9. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah charge around $60-$75 just cause of the length, then after that, $35-$45.

10. FNG

FNG LawnSite Member

Similar question, well kinda. Subdivision with 36 empty 1/4 ac lots. Only 4-5 are not connected to each other. Grass is about a foot tall. My initial thoughts were first cut for all 36 lots $850.00 and $700.00 for each cut there after IF he has me do them every two weeks.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but it may shed some light on the original posters question.

Thanks,

R