How much to spray 2 acres?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Gene $immons, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I was wondering what you all would charge for spraying pre-emergence for two acres, residential. How about mowing?

2. rkk95

rkk95 LawnSite Member
    from west PA

$348 to spray, I don't mow so I couldn't tell you a price for that.

3. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

What are you paying for the purchase material to put in your tank? What's your GPA and how fast can you spray 2 acres? Do you include fuel cost, equipment depreciation and a profit margin in your total? There's alot of factors to consider before committing to a price. Some people charge by feet, some by yards,and some by acres and depending on the cost of the materials( herbicides and adjuvants) some by materials and hours. The thing to remember is cover your own cost and those always change from region to region.

4. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

There are lots of factors to consider, and I hate asking "how much " questions on here. I have all of my costs at hand, and have a price on the table already, I was just curious.

5. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Well then Gene,
    You show me yours and maybe I'll show you mine.
    Seriously, You have been given some good advice here.
    YOU need to know your costs before pricing.
    What the rest of the world charges isn't all that important.
    Remember SELL SERVICE! Not price.
    If someone hires you on price alone, most likely when the cheaper guy comes in (and he will!) your customer will be gone.

6. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

For a 1-shot application of pre-emergent here in crabgrass heaven, I would charge $550.00. Less, if they went with an seasonal program.

Mowing around $100 per week.