How much WEIGHT did you add offseason???

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by MOW ED, Feb 27, 2006.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

OK not 100% lawn care related but I figure it is a direct result of us sitting in front of this screen instead of being out working. How many of us have put weight on from December thru now?
    Personally I have lost 21lbs but that has only been since about mid January and that was after topping out at a record for me. I made some big changes and now will continue the course of watching intake and getting regular exercise. I also lowered my blood pressure from 144/94 to 118/82. I feel much better. SO how about you. Did you gain/lose or stay within 5# of a constant weight. Post your own numbers.

Sorry for not having a poll, I am a little slow this morning and forgot to click the box. It was then majorly impossible to modify. Now get on those treadmills, the busy spring season is coming!!!!
  2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I have gained a considerable amount. This is in part due to the fact that I hurt my shoulder towards the end of last season and could no longer workout other than work. My eating habits really stink. I would say that I gained around 20. I will work it back off though once season starts. I have done it before, so I'll do it again. Just need to start :weightlifter: and:walking: again.
  3. palawnman

palawnman LawnSite Member
    from PA

Not proud to admit it, but I definitely hit a new high this offseason, probably gained around 20 lbs. But I have been slowly working my way back into better shape for the season, I didnt want to wait till the season starts to lose weight. I have so far lost almost 15 lbs of what I had gained :clapping: , almost there, cant wait to start working again.

4. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Low-carb diet has been great for me. Lost weight, cholestoral (sp?) lowered, blood pressure lowered...

Also, I finally got the old rowing machine out.
  5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I'm another guilty one. I packed on about 20 to 25 lbs. due to poor eating habits, quitting smoking, and sitting on my butt all day in front of a computer. Time to break out the mountain bike. Perfect weather for riding.
  6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Don't even ask :laugh: But i will post pics the middle of may on my progress with my health:walking: :weightlifter:
  7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I've gained about 8lbs. of muscle from working out 6 days a week in the off season.
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'm with you JG :laugh:
  9. kyles974

kyles974 LawnSite Member

to much :)
  10. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Gained 5lbs.Blood pressure is 100/68 less then 5% body fat.