how much will lawn accounts sell for?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Young Lawn Boy, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Young Lawn Boy

Young Lawn Boy LawnSite Member

i plan to sell all my accounts when i go away for college...i have 15 yards and they average $35 a cut for 1/4 to 1/2 an acre... how much could i sell these for when i need to?

2. jose85

jose85 LawnSite Member

what ever u make out of them 3 months which would be like 6300 i think i never done it just seen people do it here in okc

3. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

add up the total you get for each account in one month example 4 cuts a month = $420 x 15 accounts = $6300 like the guy above me said

4. Young Lawn Boy

ya that makes since but do you think other lawn companies will buy them for that much?

5. Steve's Mow & Trim

Steve's Mow & Trim LawnSite Member

Ya they will pay the much for them. they'll double there investment in the first season, I'd say thats a fair deal....I would sure pay that much for them

6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

They'll pay that if there are contracts already signed.

7. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

first off you need to have signed contracts to sell accounts. Next you sell them for 1 months gross income.

8. Young Lawn Boy

ya thats the thing i don't have signed accounts but they are all loyal customers...iv been wanting to get them on contracts but i don't even know where i would start...I'm still a sophomore in high school lol....any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks in advance

9. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

well then you have two years to sign contracts with them, enjoy your school years, i wasted mine away trying to earn every nickel i could.

10. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

yo dont listen to these people , its different everywhere , even in the same states its different just a counties away , dont worry if you dont got contracts, nobody in ny uses contracts , youll sell em dont worry 3 months is pretty much on going for anywhere