How much work average in an hour? And Pay question...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by chadsepulveda, May 16, 2008.

1. chadsepulveda

chadsepulveda LawnSite Member

I am doing a business plan writeup for a new business. I personally have done successful lawn care in two different areas of my state (TX) for close to 8 years. In those situations, I worked with another guy, and all our equip was paid for so we just split the money 50/50. Now I am looking to start something and manage it (where hopefully I wont be out running a crew).

For a two man crew, with commercial equipment, including a big walk behind that can make it into a residential backyard, how many average size residential properties could be done in an hour? I am assuming they are all in the same neighborhood. I am thinking a solid two properties, but wanted to get some other estimates. I am trying to figure out what kind of money I need to be making per day/ per hour for me to make some profit in the end.

Also anyone know the going rate (hourly) for general lawn care workers in Dallas market?

Thanks guys, I love this blog!

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

What is a blog:confused:

3. chadsepulveda

chadsepulveda LawnSite Member

Ok, you are right, its not technically a blog. This is more of a forum with some blogs within. A blog is a web - log. Its a series of entries (journal style) from someone on a particular topic.