How much would this enclosed trailer cost and questions??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by SouthernYankee, Jun 19, 2005.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Ok heres the deal, I am done with college in 25 days and I am moving to Houston.

I need a 12ft enclosed trailer

1.How much

2.What kinds can you recomend? Haulmark? what others are decent?

3. Should I get electronic brakes?

4. How much is the ramp option?

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have talked to this dealership before and they were nice. But at the time the open trailer was more affordable and fit my operation better
    http://www.hickoryinclosed.com/trailerinventory.php
    there are a few options and alot of sizes. I know prices vary alot by region but maybe this will give you some ideas anyway

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Homesteader is cheaper in price than a haulmark,i chose haulmark wells cargo is sharp also.

4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Look into getting the floor, ramp and 2' up on all the walls coated with Line-X bed liner.

Trust me on this.

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

First of I believe any enclosed trailer needs brakes. Get any hard side wind when towing and you can lose control of it real quick.

Most trailers the ramp and barn doors are the same price.

Wells cargo is the only way to go. They are built to last 15 year of hard use dished out by maintain crews. I love mine.

Green pastures is right about the linex. Soon as I replace the 1/4" plywood in my trailer with some 1/2" or 5/8" plywood. It will get linex on the floor and sides.

As for price you can spend from $2000 to $5000 on a 6 by 12. Trailer mate (the TSC and lowes trailers) are the low end of the price Wells cargo would be at the high end of the price.

6. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

get the HD ramp door, vents, brakes, dove tail, plywood sides, lights inside, side door, tandem axle, and thats about all I can think of... that wouldnt be more than 3500 around here... good luck!

edit: also make sure you get the additional 6" on the roof so its eaiser to walk around in

7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Yea that is an option I am going to get on my next enclosed. My door opening is 5' 8" and I am 5' 9" Inside is 6'. But one employee is 6' 1" and is forever bitching about the low height. I have knocked myself out cold once because I forgot to duck. My employee hits his head at least twice a week on my trailer.

8. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

ya thats another reason I got the 20foot instead of 16, because they didnt have any 16's in stock with the extra height, but boy am I glad I got the 20 footer, its already filled up!

9. Professional Lawn Care

Professional Lawn Care LawnSite Member

What would be a decent price on a 7' x 16' Haulmark or Wells Cargo?

10. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

PLC.... if you shopped around you could get one for around 3800-4200