How much would you charge for 17 yards mulch bought and installed.

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Decoste76, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Decoste76

Decoste76 LawnSite Member
    from MASS

Plus beds edged, and weeded, and put preen down. This is with two guys!!

Need help! thanks alot!!!

2. GrassIsGreenerLawnCare

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

i used to live in walpole,MA. in your area you probly get ur mulch around 25/yard. right? some people charge alot more, but i personally charge 38/yard (but i get it for 22-24/yard w/discount). Plus 25 for each yard to install it. so around 65/yard installed. bed prep and others is extra. plus i charge a delivery fee on top of that. Usually charge hourly per guy for the bed prep and laying weed sheet. Hope that helps, but its tough to answer that question because people charge ALOT different prices for various locations. Good luck. (your best bet for 17 yards if u cant haul it, is have the company drop it off and charge the customer for the delivery fee plus 50 bucks for yourself for setting it up and ****). some guys drop the price for a customer if they are getting over 10 yards, but i just did a 14 yard job the other day and didnt drop it a dime and they were fine with it.

3. Decoste76

from MASS

Im getting it for 38.50 and thats my price

4. By Us Company

By Us Company LawnSite Member

If your paying 38.50 I would charge minimum $60/Yard just for the mulch to the site. For bed prep, weeding and install approximately $50-$60/Yard. So anywhere between $1850 and $2050 seems pretty good.

5. minix

minix LawnSite Senior Member

Holly **** thats alot . They are sure not cutting you a break .

6. minix

Oh man I must be a lowballer because I could do 17 yards for almost 1/2 that price and still make a great chunk of change

7. By Us Company

By Us Company LawnSite Member

I guarantee you don't pay 38.50 for mulch or charge 60/yard either though. I wouldn't charge nearly that much either, just trying to help him out.

And if your charging half that, you are buying, delivering, installing mulch for $60/yard. Also bed prep, weeding and edging including. Yes that is VERY low.

8. minix

Well not quite that cheap but I had to make my post sound tough lol. Also I will say is I could sell you a yard of mulch for $18.00 and make money . But what prices was listed above was way high in my neck of the woods.

9. Decoste76

from MASS

ya that sounds right for my area. i give this customer it for 1595.78

10. minix

$93.87 per yard layed? That pretty good money. I just have a hard time with what some pay for prep work. Edge spray mulch maybe pull a few. I need more people like you handing out them kinda bids around me.