1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How much would you charge to haul 3 tons of concrete?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by r_snowrider, Aug 7, 2005.

1. r_snowrider

r_snowrider LawnSite Member

How much would you guys charge to pickup and haul an estimated 3 tons of broken rock and concrete at an easy access point that you can back right up to? What would your dump fees be?
  2. r_snowrider

I bid 250. I thought that was low, but I needed it. He claimed a guy did his last pile for 100. And they were about the same size. Bull
  3. JRAZ

JRAZ LawnSite Member
    from NW

Dump fees here would be roughly 40.00 for 3 tons. Labor would be a lot more than than at least 5x more.
  4. r_snowrider

Good to know, I would have bid higher, but it was a slow week and I needed the money. The guy appeared to have some money, but he never called back. Cheap bastard. What a lying sack of **** man, he tells me some other guy brought his equipment and did it last time for 100. It's 21 bucks a ton here, plus the equipment he would be running. So he's basically telling me the guy paid him to do it. I should have punched him in the face, and made fun of his kids, for trying to rip me off.