how much would you charge

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Dunn's, May 20, 2006.

1. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

how much would everyone charge to remove these bushes and just trim down the big one in the middle. and remove all of the lava rock.any help appreciated thanks

2. Dunn's

3. Dunn's

4. Dunn's

5. Dunn's

the area of the lava rock is 5-6 feet from the house by around 40 feet long and 2-3 inches deep

IMG_1876.JPG

6. maxkicker

maxkicker LawnSite Member

figure out YOUR cost and decide from there
    when i giva a estimate i figure out my cost and try to make as much as i can and still be reasonable...3 guys id say mabye 2 hrs dump fees gas you get the idea

even if you actually pay a dump fee to a dump or whatever the time and labor is still there getting the trimmings off the truck

7. Dunn's

yea I was thinking 300.00 for the total job

8. maxkicker

maxkicker LawnSite Member

well my cost are different than yours but actually in maryland i would prolly get 300 just for removing the rock as far as trimming and removing the bushes its all about the quality of work you do and your cost
    i would say 300 is safe depending on employee pay and speed lol

9. Dunn's

yeah this is our first real year and our two employee's one's 17 and the other 18 and right now we pay them 8.50 hour myself I take ten dollars an hour the rest goes back into the businesswe figured it would take two men 4 hours at $30 an hour each. so 4 x60 = $240.00 plus $60.00 to dump and thank you for taking the time to respond most of the time knowone responds to our posts:cool2:

10. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

You'll make a nice profit especially if you have the right equipment. I don't know too much about that kind of work but a wheel barrel and a sharp ice scraper (or whatever is the landscaper equivelant of such a tool.)

Do you have to drop any earth or sod to to fix it up later?