How Much Would You Charge!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by nicholsonlawnservices, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what I was thinking.

Nice job to have, if you get it, we'd love to see some pics of the after.

2. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

No digging just flush cutting everything, trees/shrubs chain saws or metal blade string trimmers - metal= reciprocating saw.. loading in dumpsters about $2500.
    5 guys about 6 hours.

3. nicholsonlawnservices

nicholsonlawnservices LawnSite Member

Thanks guys for all the input. Ill post some after pics when its finished.

4. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Hope we helped, and if you need a hand, shout up 9!!

5. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

Why would you include haul away in your man hour rate?

6. Hoy landscaping

Hoy landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

looks like other guys covered the prices. but a bobcat and/or backhoe would be worth its weight in gold. for those smaller trees get a chain and rip them out with the truck. or bobcat if you get one. it saves hours of digging and gets most of the root system.

7. CTmower

CTmower LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

Your hourly rate + 4 workers hourly rate( in this case you stated $30 per man hour i think) + hourly rate for any heavy equipment that may be used.
    I dont care if my guys are flinging dirt, installing a new lawn, or doing a fall cleanup, the hourly rate I set is what my customers pay. The final number may seem high to you but you run a business and are there to make money not loose it. My calculation for me based on a 8 hour job with 4 guys.

$75 x 8 hrs= $600 ( my hourly wage)
    $30 x 32 hrs= $960 ( 4 workers working 8 hrs each)
    Total= $1560

Thats just for labor. Like i said if theres any heavy equipment then my hourly wage jumps to about $150 per hour to cover the machine. Any hauling of material is extra but you stated the owner would have a dumpster on site.

8. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

forget the hourly rated mumbo jumbo!
    If this customer wants everything brought up to parr...............a dumpster on the site is appropriate. There is polk plant...poison ivy..... sumac....other vines and bramble material in that fence row. Taking down the fence row..................removing the fenced area........all rotted wood and chain link.
    I have seen these types of jobs bid and performed on flip this house and it is always the Landscaper or the LCO whom gets the short end of the stick here. Ticks, chiggers, and possible snake bite is the hazard elements along with tetanus from accidents. I figure in the technical element.
    Locally, I wouldn't touch this job for less than 3500.00!

I know they are being cited for violations--but this is work!

9. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

Demo work goes faster than most people realize just by looking at the overgrown areas. Sawzall and maybe a grinder with cutting disk, chain saw and heavy duty bladed string trimmers some loppers. Just clearing at ground level it is a nice little job.

What trees or big shrubs the owner wants to keep will all need trimming/shaping after being neglected so long with everything else gone.
    Will probably need some grass seed put down.
    Will need some broad leaf herbicide after a couple rains for the weeds that sprout in the cleared area.
    I would think a coupe of yards of a topsoil or compost to level the ground in different areas after everything is removed.

I would think there is another 1k or more in the follow up work.

It is a nice little job in the middle of this drought we have been going through, it is in the middle of summer slow down, in a real rural area.

10. fastpine

fastpine LawnSite Member

I would come in somewhere around 2k,,considering theres a dumpster onsite..

Thats if everything can be cut off at ground level..