1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How Much Would You Charge???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ivyslawncare, May 1, 2011.

1. ivyslawncare

ivyslawncare LawnSite Member

I did a basic mow/trim/blow on about a half acre yard. BUT!, I also cut, and hauled away 6 loads of brush(full truck bed and 10 foot trailer). I did a lot of extras that were really time consuming(trimmed bushes, cleared old flower beds, over seeded). It took about 8 hours over 2-3 days. It was a solo operation. I was just wondering how much you guys would charge? Thank you!:clapping:
  2. Creative Cuts

Creative Cuts LawnSite Member

i would charge them 20 to 30 an hour depending on how much u need to make plus your gas, seed, dumping fee if there is one and if not you need to charge them something for disposal and any other materials you had.
  3. coxslawncare

coxslawncare LawnSite Member

if it is 8 total man hours I would come in around 500 but I would have given a price first
  4. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly. How in the world would you have gotten to that point without having made an agreement with the owner about the charge???

KINGMADE LawnSite Member

I am sure he did give a price, he just wants to see how he compares with you guys without being laughed at by people that have been in business for a while. You guys know how you roll on the newbies.
  6. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

labor 400.00 dump ran 100.00 total 500.00
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It could also be a price fishing tactic on a project that is currently accepting bids.
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Prices vary by geographic location. One is not going to get the same money in rural missisisippi as they would in the Boston suburbs.
  9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Lets not forget we're dealing with a child that should be in school. I'd charge them the price of a PS3 console so I can get one to play with. Maybe a little more so I can get a wireless controller. :)
  10. ivyslawncare

ivyslawncare LawnSite Member

I would'nt be so judgemental. I have never owned any video game and would rather be in a tornado outside rather then be crammed inside rotting my brain. I'm just saying just becasue I'm only 15 doesn't mean I dont work. I have make truck and mower payments just like everyone else on this forum. Sorry just letting this out.