how much would you charge??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yaardvark, May 28, 2004.

1. yaardvark

yaardvark LawnSite Member

....to plant 250 1 gallon junipers on a hill? and lay 4800 sq. ft. of weedblock?? (there is also straw involved, which we charge a flat rate for). What is the best preemergent to use for an are like this, pretty steep slope?? thanks

2. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

$1875 for the junipers installed. I wouldn't put down the weedblock fabric. I think your gonna need more junipers for 4800 sf. You can use lesco's 0-0-7 pre m.

3. yaardvark

thanks for the input Cutters! The junipers are only going to cover about 2800 ft of this area, the weedblock, straw, and pre-m are for the entire hill. Ho yeah, the customer is providing the junipers. Thanks again

4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I hate landscapers that DONT put down the weed fabric. Most Pre-EM products say not to apply before the plantings are in for about a year.

5. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Managed properly the weedblock is unnecessary. My price included the junipers so that would be high if the customer is supplying them.

6. yaardvark

any input on pricing Specialtylc? This is one of our regular mowing customers, and I was thinking about trying to steer him away from the fabric, b/c in most of the cases I've seen like this, the straw tends to wash /slide down it (especially in one of those really heavy turd-floaters we get around here). Then offering to maintain the hill each time we are there for additional $'s.

7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

You need erosion controls matts on hills not straw, I see guys around here come back 2 to 5 times to replace straw and seed on hills after it rains. The matts stay in place, make sure you get the cotton or natural ones. The plastic kind never go away. They will come back and haunt your later when you start mowing.

8. Mikes Lawn Landscape

Mikes Lawn Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Man you hate me I NEVER use weed fabric and NEVER will.

I HATE landscapers who DO put down the weed fabric:p