How much would YOU charge?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Aug 3, 2004.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Just out of curiosity I was wondering how much you would charge to cut, trim and blow off a fairly wide open 2 acre lawn?

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I charge $75 for my 2 acre lots.

3. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

How far away from your other accounts is it, how much edging, how much trimming, what mower will you cut it with? How long do you estmate it will take you? I would probably charge any where from 85 to 120 bucks based on what you listed. But could be more if there is more work involved.

4. ProStreetCamaro

With 2 people and 1 48" lazer and 1 Gravely 34Z it should take us about 35-40 minutes. It is about 5 minutes from another neighborhood where we have 4 lawns, 3 of which are 1 acre each and one is just a hair under 2 acres. My dad is going to quote them $65 and I feel this is to low.

5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

$60 - $65 would be on par with what most charge around here. I think it's too low also but you have to be competitive with your market. You would do okay.. if you can in fact get it done in 35 minutes...

6. barringtonbrothers

Is that 35 minutes in the spring when it need double cut and blowed or in the dry summer? I would double my time for the spring if so.

7. ProStreetCamaro

I wont double cut a lawn this size. Its just to big to double cut. Also we might sell our 48" lazer and get a 52 or 60" gravely.

8. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I charge $60 an acre here and thats a deal in my area.

9. barringtonbrothers

If you dont double cut it - do you bag or blow the clumps and the grass that sits at the top? Or do you leave it with the clippings and every thing on it. When I bid I try to add in these things, cause I always want to leave the lawn looking as best as possible so I can justify the higher cost I charge, plus when the lawn is dry and slow groing it will be a little extra in your pocket. If your bagging I think your bid was low personaly cause I hate baggin, and 2 acres is a lot of grass.

10. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

$60 an acrea plus trim and clean up time....

Probably around $120 to $150 if there is considerable trimming involved...
    That's top dollar in my area but quite easy to get if you do a good job.

$65....is it really worth it?
    how cheap are mowing fees going to go before it becomes a hobby and not a business?

Around here some guys try to work that cheap, they come and they go, if they want to work for peanuts let em, they only harm themselves.

I'm talking MY area here, not yours and am not critisising anyone here.