how much would you have done this for

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by superintendent, Dec 12, 2011.

1. superintendent

superintendent LawnSite Senior Member

I maintain a 14 acre soccer complex. I had a soil test done and the pH was low and the potassium level was low so I order what was need and did the job. The material cost me right at $1000 so now what would you have charge for the job.

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

How long will it take you to apply to the complex?

3. jad004

jad004 LawnSite Senior Member

Of course, terrain and layout would matter but I would charge around $2300-2600. Several factors would come into play whether the low price or higher price but that would be a good range for me. I actually just quoted some soccer fields and this is the range that I used for almost the same area.

4. superintendent

I charged $1925 it took me 2 hrs to do it.

5. jad004

jad004 LawnSite Senior Member

What were you using to apply. I believe my Z would have taken just a little bit longer. Unless I spread at 8mph, which with calibration, could be done on the open fields. Thanks Super, I know what I'm calibrating this week.

6. superintendent

With a intermidate. I was at 5 mph at 7 to 8 knot on hole opening. The 14 acre soccer complex is all open field. I had a total of just under 1 1/2 pallet. So putting between 5-6 bags per fill. The v-cal I could put 5 bags per fill and the potassium 6 bags per fill

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

So you covered around 6 acres an hour? I think the price was cheap. I am thinking you used a tractor with a Vicon spreader. And that you had to supply fuel, and transport the tractor to the site with a truck and a trailer. You used about $50,000 in equipment. Divide by 2000 working hours in a year--you have to charge 25 dollars per hour for the equip, plus gas, repairs and insurance.--say $50 and equip is tied up for 4 hours that's $400. You delivered the product, right? If you are skilled labor--that is one dollar per minute--add taxes and benefits, make it 2 dollars, for 4 hours $480.
    Now add your usual charge per hour for overhead, electric, insurance, taxes, office help, so forth.
    Now add a contingency for non-payment and a redo of the job in case of uneven green, or fert burn.

8. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

whats your target hourly rate without figuring any materials? We would have been around $450 plus materials.

9. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I take it you were using verde-cal? What did you use for the potassium? There are products that would combine the 2 and you could have got 2 birds with one application. Just a thought.

10. superintendent

0.0.20 and yes I could have but dam have you price it that way. You saying that you charge $450 an hr or to do the job