How much would you pay for this company.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by willretire@40, Dec 19, 2009.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

A dollar is the first price crossed my mind as well.

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Figure out what the quit is worth used in the condition its in. Then add the cost of one visit to the customers. Thats going to be a ballpark of what its worth. Others will disagree.

3. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with ai inc, price of equipment and one cut, two if they are real nice. and you must have them.

4. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

I am not trying to buy this company. I would like to see answers from big business owners if I havent already.

5. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

For the accounts I would offer $262,500.00, divided into 3rds with each payment paid quarterly based on customer retention. Equipment would be based on on market value and condition. Also need to check on company debt, any legal issues that may be in play and if the pricing structure matches yours. The worst thing a company can do is aquire a lot of underpriced accounts to drag your existing business down. There are a lot of other things to consider if this is a serious question or not. Also see if the existing owner would stay on staff for 1 yr or so, so the customers would have a familiar name or face.

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Thats not very smart, this is different from most other buyouts.

7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I dont know how true this is or what, but it definitely has value, if you can handle it. As others have said, equip value, and 1 cut. That is a very fair price.

8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

9. willretire@40

from VA

Why does so many people think that the bad economy affects every business owner. Some business florish from a bad economy ie real estate if you buy it now while it is on sale you will make huge profits 2 or 3 years down the road.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. willretire@40

from VA

That's not a fair price. That is stealing.
    Posted via Mobile Device